1. Notify the Federation burial offices IMMEDIATELY and leave a contact phone number.
Federation Burial Society 02082023903 Mr T Zelmanovitz out of hours 02082023903
If the deceased is a member of the United Synagogue as well as Loughton Shul please use the following numbers
United Synagogue Burial Office – 020 8950 7767
If the Burial Offices are closed and you would like to speak to someone please call 07957 119 119 (this service is not available on Shabbat or Yomtov)
2. Notify the Rabbi 07941109687 please do not call on Shabbat or Yomtov.
3. Obtain a death certificate from the doctor or hospital, stating the cause of death.
4. Make an appointment with the Registrar for Births and Deaths in the vicinity where the death occurred, and take the death certificate.
5. Phone the Burial Office once you have been issued with the relevant documentation. The burial office will advise what to do next.
6. Once funeral arrangements have been made the contact the Synagogue Administrator 02085080303 who will assist with shiva chairs and prayer books and liaise with the Rabbi about the funeral and shiva.
7. Speak personally with the Rabbi about the funeral service and shiva arrangements.
8. Notify family and friends of the arrangements.